Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Addictions and Cybermen


I’ve always been a fan of all things Sci-Fi, but when it comes to Doctor Who I never could take to watching the old shows (I guess that’s what growing up with special effects and CG does), I just couldn’t get used to the old effects. A few years ago I was a friends’ house and came Doctor Who, the first new series with Christopher Eccleston, and after the first few minutes I was addicted to it and I’ll always remember which episode it was that started me off, it was ‘The Empty Child’, an episode that saw the Doctor and his companion Rose in London during the World War II blitz. Although this was not the best episode of Doctor Who (especially considering the latest season finale), it was still a great episode that was made even better with John Barrowmans’ character Captain Jack Harkness.

Yes that also means I’m addicted to Torchwood as well, but when you watch one you can’t stop. Having seen the trailer for the next Doctor Who Christmas special I can’t wait, the return of the Cybermen will probably mean some great heart stopping moments, and I’m sure all the fans will be wondering how they’ve returned. The episode will most likely be shown on Christmas day, as this has been the airing date for all previous Christmas specials, so I’m among a large number of fans who’s looking forward to the festive season even more than normal.

Birmingham or London: As my best friend is moving back to good old England in a few weeks (you know him as Akamaru, the other writer of this blog), it’s time to begin thinking bout where to hold our annual shopping trip. Originally it was always in the neighbouring town of Stafford, but recently has been to Birmingham as there is a much larger anime/manga store there were we spend most of his money lol. This year though London would definitely be interesting as the anime/manga stores there are even bigger, but of course money is, as always, an issue. But hopefully with some luck, and divine intervention lol, we should be going there, otherwise its just good old Birmingham, which is fine by me.

I recently purchased a book designed after the journal kept by the fictional character Indiana Jones, yet another one of my addictions. It’s a great read as it all feels as though it was written by him during his travels and adventures; it even has torn out pages to mimic that of the pages that were torn out during the films. Unfortunately the number of books I own and have yet to read is increasing drastically, I really do need to free up some time to read these books, although I am part way through reading Sun Tzu Art of War, I have a very strange range of interests lol.

Well that’s enough from me for now, ill be trying to write something new here every week depending on what exciting things happen in the mean time.

No comments: