Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You would think we'd died or sumthin.

Where on Earth have we been!?
You would think that this blog was dead or close to it from the lack of activity, but believe it or not its far from it. Yeah, ok, I have been slacking off, but give me some sort of break cuz I recently (within the past two months) moved to my university and settled in to what I like to call the slums. I do admit that there was alot me and sheppard wanted to do, but couldnt for some reason or other, however I do come with great news that we will be revamping a few things around here. First off I'll announce that I will be publishing a three part post over the next month dedicated all things anime. In mean time, sheppard and I will be also working on a new podcast for this blog, with its first episode to be published around xmas (exact date still to be confirmed). The podcast will model itself around the blog and should include a bit more info here and there. As sophisticated as I want to decide the podcast, we all know that it will be just as random as any other post in this blog. Plus on the bright side you will get to hear my songs in full quality, with no music videos of course! We all know we are looking forward to that!

Anime News!?
While I'm not going to make this post incredibly long, there is some news that cannot be avoided, which of course has to involve Naruto. To most fan's surprise the only comprehensive fansub group of Naruto, Dattebayo, will be halting its subbing of Naruto Shippuuden affective January 2nd 2009. The reason for the sudden announcement, as surprising as it might sound, is due to redundancy with TV Tokyo announcing to begin streaming Naruto Shippuuden English subbed one hour after it has been aired in Japan. Furthermore, Viz Media has also announced it too will be streaming free English subs of Naruto from its website Naruto.com, starting from episode one. The original article can be found here. On a personal note I know that many will find this disappointing, less so with the fact that viewers will actually have to PAY to watch Naruto, but that an era of Dattebayo subbing has come to an end.

Catch us soon.
I will be back within a week to post the first part of my three part special post (god damn thats wordy). But for now, I'll leave you with a more uplifting note.

No comments: